Welcome to Facts for Action. One of the core principles of the Zero Suicide Alliance is to champion an evidence-based approach to suicide prevention. This involves using research and data as a means to understand population need in relation to mental health and well-being. With this information we can support health and social care professionals, community leaders and wider organisations to achieve real change to ultimately prevent suicide.
Facts for Action helps achieve this by providing comprehensive key contextual information to explain the risk and service related factors included within the Suicide Prevention Resource Map, for both adults, and children and young people. Facts for Action promotes broader understanding of the complexity of suicide, encourages shared learning and supports leaders to make meaningful changes to reduce the incidence of suicide.
Each Facts for Action will:
- Introduce factors likely to contribute to suicide
- Explain why it's important to consider in suicide prevention
- Provide information on prevalence and how it may change accross the life course
- Help develop your understanding of its causes and consequences
- Explain the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Inform you of the relevant national policy and best practice guidelines
- Provide exemplar case studies of applied practice
- Provide recommendations for action, summarised in Actions by sector.